AMGmarket.com news/June 20, 2011: At the 20th Annual International Automotive Media Awards (IAMA), the MBCA and Star Magazine, and its contributors, editors, writers and photographers won a total of 17 awards. Presented at the Automotive Hall of Fame in Dearborn, MI, Star honors included four gold, six silver, and seven bronze medals, for articles and photographs in The Star magazine issues from 2010.
The award details are as follows:
- History, Motorsports: When Mercedes Raced at Indy, Karl Ludvigsen
- Technical, Reference: W123 Diesel Buyer’s Guide, Pierre Hedary and Mathieu Cama
- Collector Vehicles: Recreating the 190SL Exhibition Car, Jim Luikens (award given to Jim’s Representative)
- Design, Article: Mercedes Revisits La Panamericana, Gary Anderson
- History, Single Marque: Automotive Archaeology, 1934 M-B 150 Sports Roadster, Michael Kunz
- Technical, Pictorial: Factory Fresh, Stephan McKeown
- Design, Total Issuel: The Star May June 2010 Issue, MBCA
- Design, Cover: The Star Cover, May June 2010 Issue, Gary Anderson
- Single Photo, Color: The Star Cover, March April 2010 Issue, David Gooley
- Writing, Best Single Issue, Small Magazine: The Star, January February 2010 Issue, MBCA
- History, Single Marque: The Cosworth Connection, Graham Robson
- Article, Car Show: Amelia Island Opens the Season, Rich Taylor and Jean Constantine
- Column, Blog: Silverphile, John Kuhn Bleimaier
- Environmental, Regulatory: Eco-Benz Project, Robert Schilling
- Illustration, Original Art: Starry Eyed, April 2010 Doug Herrick
- Illustration, Photographs, Article: Mille Miglia Historica, David Gooley
- Single Photo, digitally manipulated: Starry Eyed, Jan-Feb 2010, Michael Salemi
The International Automotive Media Competition, a function of the International Society for Vehicle Preservation, is an awards program to recognize and encourage excellence in all forms of automotive media.
Judging is by peers to a standard of 100 points, with Gold (97-100 points), Silver (92-96 points), and Bronze (85-91) Medallions presented for those works so qualified.